Regulation VibramUTLO Vertical 2022
this regulation may be subject to changes, even substantial ones, in accordance with the legal requirements concerning the Covid-19 pandemic still ongoing.
last review 12/02/2022
ART 1. GENERAL INFORMATIONS
The UTLO EVENTS s.s.d.r.l. NO067, in partnership with the municipalities of Omegna, Quarna Sopra, Quarna Sotto organizes, on october 14th 2022, the second edition of the running event “VibramUTLO Vertical”, affiliated with F.I.D.A.L.
ART 2. EVENT
On october 14th the event will take place in the countryside surrounding the Orta lake with any weather conditions. IT’s run in one stage, at one’s own speed, but within a limited time and in autonomy.
Friday 14 october 2022
- Vibram® UTLO Vertical, approx 5,4Km with about 1030 meters of height gain
ART 3. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
It doesn’t need to have attended to other events, but it does need:
- To be totally aware of the length and the specificity of the event and to be perfectly prepared for it
- To have acquired, prior to the race, a real capacity for self-sufficiency in the mountains which permits the management of problems induced by this type of course, and notably:
- To know how to face, without outside help, climatic conditions which can become very difficult due to the altitude (wind, fog, cold, rain or snow)
- To know how to manage, even if one finds oneself isolated, physical or mental problems arising from high fatigue, muscular or joint pain, digestive problems, minor injuries…
- To be fully aware, that it is not the role of the organization to help a runner to overcome these problems
- To be fully aware, that for such an activity in the mountains security depends upon the capacity of the runner to adapt to the problems encountered or envisaged.
Participation in the race assumes the acceptance of the present regulation and of the F.I.D.A.L. Regulation, concerning the trail Running races (rules 252), without any reserve.
ART 4. AUTONOMY
Autonomy is defined as having the capacity to be autonomous for the whole race, not only on the food front but also that of clothing and security, being able to adapt oneself in particular to problems encountered or envisaged, like for example: bad weather, physical problems, injuries, etc.
This principle is implicated in the following rules:
- It’s strongly recommended that each runner brings with him,besides the mandatory equipment, at all time during the race, the equipment listed in the art. 8 of this regulation.
- Each runners must bring all the food that they consider appropriate for all the race.
- It is forbidden, to be accompanied during all or any part of the race by a person not enrolled.
ART 5. ENROLMENT CONDITIONS
Entry is open to athletes:
- aged 18 and over
- who are in possession of a valid medical certificate specifically for sports racing activities that doesn’t expires before the day of the chosen race.Please Note It’s mandatory to have a valid certificate in order to take part in the race not at the moment of the registration. The non-italian runners must use and fill in the form that they can find here: download
- who have a FIDAL membership card or a membership card from another organization, recognized by FIDAL, or a card among Runcard, Runcard EPS or Mountain&Trail Runcard or are registered with an Athletics Federation (other than FIDAL) affiliated to World Athletics. They must submit a special form for self-declaring their membership download
NB: if a foreigner runner knows he/she won’t do any other race in Italy, or only trail races, and need to submit a runcard, we recommend to choose the cheapest one (10,00 euros): Runcard Trail. More info on the runcard website: www.runcard.com
the race is subject to a maximum number of runners:
- VibramUTLO Vertical: max 100 runners
Enrollment is online, using WEDOSPORT, filling in the appropriate form.
From 16/02/2022 to
31/08/2022 28/07/2022 it will be possible to submit a free pre-registration. If, by 31/08/2022, there won’t be any new legal requirements or other kind of obstacle that would stop the progress of the event, The pre-registerd runners will have to complete the registration, from the 01/09/2022 29/07/2022 until the 04/09/2020, by paying the fee. Any runner, even if correctly pre-registered, that will fail to submit the payment, before the 05/09/2022, will be left out without any possibility of repechage.
05/09/2022 29/07/2022, the maximum number of athletes will not be reached, registrations will be reopened and it will possible to enroll, until the reach of the maximum number allowed or at the deadline of the 09/10/2022, by paying the fee.
The fee payment is possible with credit card, paypal, mybank, satispay using the online service provided by “WEDOSPORT”
It won’t be possible to pay the fee with a bank transfer.
The registration is personal and final, it’s not allowed exchange of bib numbers or names.
It won’t be possible to change the distance
The postponement of the registration fee to the next edition is not allowed.
If the athlete is unable to participate and wishes to cancel his registration, he/she must notify the organisers only by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedures for reimbursement are as follows:
- cancellation by 18/09/2022: reimbursement of 50% of fee
- cancellation by 30/09/2022: reimbursement of 40% of fee
- cancellation after the 30/09/2022: no refund
Refunds, net of bank charges, will be made by 31/12/2022
In the case of a runner’s non-chronic osteo-articular or muscular injury, and only in this case, arising after registration and which is not completely curable by the day of the race, the athlete will have to send a medical certificate, released not after the 14/10/2022, with the pathology and the prognosis to this e-mail email@example.com.
If the medical committee’s decision is favourable, the runner will benefit from a 40% discount for the registrations, for the same or equivalent distance, to the next year event.
Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control or connected to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Organisers, due to the expenses already incurred, won’t be able to guarantee any kind of reimbursement.
ART. 6 REGISTRATION FEES
The UTLO events s.s.d.r.l is a no-profit sport association; The athletes’ registration fees are contributions made by the participants, to cover organisational costs. These are not payment for services received.
The registration’s fee for the 2022 :
- VibramUTLO Vertical: € 15,00
ART 7. BIB NUMBER PICK UP
Every bib is individually handed to each runner on production of:
- A photographic identity
- A copy of the medical certificate (if not already submitted or sent)
All the informations of the Covid-19 protocol for the bib pick up, the documents to submit for the admission will be in accordance with guidelines issued by the Italian Government in order to prevent the spreading of the Covid-19 pandemic. As they can change during the time before the event, they will be object of communications on the event website, its social media pages and they will be emailed to the pre-registered athletes.
Each runner, approaching the day of the race, must check his e-mail daily.
During the registration, each runner must choose a time slot in which pick up his bib.
The time slot reserved during the registration is binding.
Each runner will have to appear, at the bib pick up, at the chosen time.
Missing the chosen time slot implies the impossibility to partecipate at the event
It won’t be possible the bib pick up by proxy.
The race bib must be worn on the chest or the stomach and must be permanently and fully visible throughout the entire race. It must, therefore, always be positioned over any clothing and cannot for any reason be fixed onto the back or a leg (this will allow to speed up the controls during the race). The name and logo of the sponsors must neither be modified, nor hidden.
ART 8. EQUIPMENT
The listed equipment represents the minimum necessary to run safely and that each trail-runner must adapt it according to their needs. Each runner should have, besides the mandatory equipment, at all times during the race, at least this equipment.
- Mobile phone, insert emergency numbers, keep the phone always on, do not mask the number, check to start with fully charged battery and enough call volume
- Personal drinking cup (at least 15cl).
- Survival blanket / heat-sheet
- Bottles or camel bag, with a water reserve of 0,5lt (at least)
- Hat, cap or bandana
- Trail / trekking poles
ART 9. START
Starts will be:
Friday 14th october 2022
- start: 02:00 pm – interval start
- location: Cireggio di Omegna
Due to the ongoing sanitary emergency, in accordance with guidelines thet will be issued by the Italian Government in order to prevent the spreading of the Covid-19 pandemic, starting time could change due to availability and organizational needs.
Runners will be informed about any change.
Each runner, approaching the day of the race, must check his e-mail daily.
ART 10. PATH
The path is mostly on trails and dirty roads.
Competitors must follow the race course without short cuts; race course is marked with signs, red tape, reflective material, red flags or orange paint and will be shown during the briefing. The move away from the official path, as well as result in disqualification, will be at the sole risk and danger of the competitor. At the end of the race, the athles will have to descend on their own. There won’t be any transport service.
After the finishline, all the runners will have to descent on foot on their own.
ART 11. ENVIRONMENT
Competitors must behave in a respectful environment, in particular by avoiding dispersing waste, picking flowers or harassing wildlife. Anyone, discovered to thrown waste along the path will be disqualified from the competition and will be subject to the penalties provided for by the municipal regulations.
ART 12. WEATHER
The race will take place in all weather conditions. In the case of particular weather conditions (dense fog, snow or thunder storms), the organization reserves the right to make last-minute changes, even during the race, to the race path in order to eliminate potential hazards or conditions that could cause great hardship for the participants. Any changes will be communicated to the participants and reported to the staff.
ART 13. SAFETY, ASSURANCE, MEDICAL CARE
Throughout the course will be positioned a first aid point connected by phone or via radio with the race direction;
Each runner hurt or in trouble, can call the rescue:
- going in person to the first aid point during the race
- calling the emergency numbers imprinted on the bib number
- asking another runner to alert the rescue
Each runner that sees people in difficulty must call the emergency number imprinted on the bib and ask for help.
Do not forget that the environmental conditions and the type of event can make you wait for rescue longer than expected. The runner’s safety will then depend on the material that he put in the backpack.
A runner who appeals to a doctor or a rescuer submits himself to his authority and undertakes to comply with his decisions.
All runners must stay on the marked trail. The runner, who voluntarily moves away from the marked trail, is no longer under the responsibility of the Organization.
The Organization underwrites a third party insurance for the duration of the event.
It is advised that every athlete also take out their own insurance against injuries for the duration of the competition.
Participation is, in any case, under the full responsibility of the athlete, who renounce all recourse against the organisation and the organisation team in case of damage, death and any consequences arising after the race.
ART 14. MAXIMUM TIME
The maximum time to finish the race is:
- VibramUTLO Vertical: 2,5 hours
ART 15. MODIFICATIONS: TRACK AND TIMETABLE, EVENT CANCELLATION
The Organization reserves the right to modify at any time and without notice the path or positioning of the rescue and refreshment points.
In case of adverse weather conditions (heavy rains, high risk of thunderstorms, low visibility), without any possibility of complaint, departure can be postponed or canceled, the route may be changed or the race may be stopped at any point on the track.
The suspension or cancellation of the race will not entitle the athletes to any refund of the registration fee.
ART 16. WITHDRAWALS
In case of withdrawal the runner must alert someone of the personnel on the track, who will invalidate his/her bib number.
The runner must keep his/her invalidated bib number.
In case of the failure to communicate a withdrawal and the consequent start of the research, the costs, incurred for the search, will be charged to the athlete
ART 17. PRIZES
There won’t be cash prizes.
Non monetary prizes shall be awarded to
- the first 3 men and the first 3 women finishers, based on the time taken at the finish line
Prizes will be handed during the award ceremonies.
No prize will be shipped home to the winners after the event.
ART 18. COMPLAINTS
Any complaints may be submitted to the Organization of the race by 06:00 pm of Friday, 14 october 2022, with a deposit of € 50,00 (in cash and non-returnable if the complaint is not accepted). In keeping with the spirit trail, it still expects a full correctness by athletes.
ART 19. WAY MARKERS
To protect the environment, for the trail marking will be used only removable markers such as ribbons, arrows and ecological paint, that disappears within a few days. It is mandatory to use only the marked trails, no shortcuts, to avoid erosion of the sites.
WARNING: if you can not see, after 300 mt, any more markers, retrace your steps!
ART 20. DECLARATION OF RESPONSIBILITY
The runner is entirely responsible for his/her participation in the competition.
By the fact of enrolling he/she releases the Organization from any liability resulting from his/her participation in the event and waives all claims, for damages or losses, against the Organisation, which may arise from the event, even if they result from negligence, and that may occur after the race.
The voluntary enrollment and subsequent participation in the race indicate the full acceptance of these rules and any changes made.
By registering online, in order to complete the registration, the participant subscribes a consent form that releases the organizers from all liability, whether civil or criminal, for damages to persons and / or property caused by him or his derivatives.
The participant commits itself to follow the rules of the Italian traffic law (Decreto Legislativo 30 aprile 1992, n.285) and its and subsequent modifications and integrations and of the FIDAL regulation.
ART 21.IMAGE RIGHTS
- the participants authorize the organization to freely use, without territorial limits of time, still and moving images that portray them when participating in the event.
- Each participant waives the rights to own their image during the event, as well as waives all recourse against the organisation and its partners for the use of his/her image.