Regulation VIBRAM® Ultra Trail Lago Orta – UTLO Trail Walk
this regulation may be subject to changes, even substantial ones, in accordance with the legal requirements concerning the Covid-19 pandemic still ongoing.
last review 12/02/2022
ART 1. GENERAL INFORMATIONS
The UTLO EVENTS s.s.d.r.l., in partnership with the municipalities of Omegna, Nonio, Quarna Sopra, Quarna Sotto,organizes, on october 16th 2022, the 2nd edition of the non competitive amusement-motory activity “Vibram® Ultra Trail del Lago d’Orta – UTLO Trail Walk”. In the Trail Walk any kind of walking technique is admitted: nordic walking, brisk walking, with or without poles,fitwalking and so on.
Each participant will choose his own pace, according to his level of fitness. The event will be listed in the Piedmont UISP calendar.
ART 2. EVENT
The event will take place in the countryside surrounding the Orta lake with any weather conditions, is run in one stage, at one’s own speed, but within a 6 hours limited time and in semi-autonomy.The distance will be of 19,5Km approx and the height gain will be 880m approx.
ART 3. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
To take part in the event it does need:
- to have a valid non competitve medical certificate
- To be totally aware of the length and the specificity of the event and to be prepared for it
- To have acquired, prior to the race, a real capacity for self-sufficiency in the mid-mountains (max height 1150 mt) which permits the management of problems induced by this type of course, and notably:
- To know how to face, without outside help, climatic conditions which can become very difficult due to the altitude (night, wind, fog, cold, rain)
- To know how to manage, even if one finds oneself isolated, physical or mental problems arising from high fatigue, muscular or joint pain, digestive problems, minor injuries…
- To be fully aware, that it is not the role of the organization to help a runner to overcome these problems
- To be fully aware, that for such an activity in the mountains security depends upon the capacity of the runner to adapt to the problems encountered or envisaged.
Participation assumes the acceptance of the present regulation without any reserve.
ART 4. SEMI-AUTONOMY
Semi-autonomy is defined as having the capacity to be autonomous for the whole event, not only on the food front, between two refreshment points, but also that of clothing and security, being able to adapt oneself in particular to problems encountered or envisaged, like for example: bad weather, physical problems, injuries, etc.
This principle is implicated in the following rules:
- It’s strongly recommended that each participant brings with him, at all time during the event, the equipment listed in the art. 8 of this regulation.
- The refreshment points will supply liquids, water and salts or solid food and liquids. One or more representatives, appointed by the organization, will make them available to the runners.
- Each participant must bring the food that they consider appropriate for himself, to eat between two refreshment points, during the event.
- It is forbidden, to be accompanied during all or any part of the event by a person not enrolled.
ART 5. ENROLMENT CONDITIONS
Entry is open to people:
- aged 18 and over
- who are in possession of a valid non competitive medical certificate that doesn’t expires before the day of the event.Please Note It’s mandatory to have a valid certificate in order to take part in the event not at the moment of the registration. The non-italian runners must use and fill in the form that they can find here: download
- who have a UISP membership card
- who have a FIDAL membership card
- with no membership card
The eventis subject to a maximum number of runners:
- Vibram® UTLO Trail Walk: max 200 participants
Enrollment is online, using WEDOSPORT, filling in the appropriate form.
From 16/02/2022 to
31/08/2022 28/07/2022 it will be possible to submit a free pre-registration. If, by 31/08/2022, there won’t be any new legal requirements or other kind of obstacle that would stop the progress of the event, The pre-registerd runners will have to complete the registration, from the 01/09/2022 29/07/2022 until the 04/09/2020, by paying the fee. Any runner, even if correctly pre-registered, that will fail to submit the payment, before the 05/09/2022, will be left out without any possibility of repechage.
05/09/2022 29/07/2022, the maximum number of athletes will not be reached, registrations will be reopened and it will possible to enroll, until the reach of the maximum number allowed or at the deadline of the 08/10/2022, by paying the fee.
The fee payment is possible with credit card, paypal, mybank, satispay using the online service provided by “WEDOSPORT”
It won’t be possible to pay the fee with a bank transfer.
The registration is personal and final, it’s not allowed exchange of bib numbers or names.
The postponement of the registration fee to the next edition is not allowed.
If the athlete is unable to participate and wishes to cancel his registration, he/she must notify the organisers only by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedures for reimbursement are as follows:
- cancellation by 18/09/2022: reimbursement of 50% of fee
- cancellation by 30/09/2022: reimbursement of 40% of fee
- cancellation after the 30/09/2022: no refund
Refunds, net of bank charges, will be made by 31/12/2022
In the case of a runner’s non-chronic osteo-articular or muscular injury, and only in this case, arising after registration and which is not completely curable by the day of the race, the athlete will have to send a medical certificate, released not after the 16/10/2022, with the pathology and the prognosis to this e-mail email@example.com.
If the medical committee’s decision is favourable, the runner will benefit from a 40% discount for the registrations, for the same or equivalent distance, to the next year event.
Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control or connected to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Organisers, due to the expenses already incurred, won’t be able to guarantee any kind of reimbursement.
ART. 6 REGISTRATION FEE
The UTLO events s.s.d.r.l is a no-profit sport association; The athletes’ registration fees are contributions made by the participants, to cover organisational costs. These are not payment for services received.
The registration’s fee for the 2022 is:
- VIBRAM® UTLO Trail Walk: € 25,00
ART 7. BIB NUMBER PICK UP
Every bib is individually handed to each participant on production of:
- A photographic identity
- A copy of the medical certificate (if not already submitted or sent)
All the informations of the Covid-19 protocol for the bib pick up, the documents to submit for the admission will be in accordance with guidelines issued by the Italian Government in order to prevent the spreading of the Covid-19 pandemic. As they can change during the time before the event, they will be object of communications on the event website, its social media pages and they will be emailed to the pre-registered athletes.
Each participant, approaching the day of the race, must check his e-mail daily.
During the registration, each participant must choose a time slot in which pick up his bib.
The time slot reserved during the registration is binding.
Each participant will have to appear, at the bib pick up, at the chosen time.
Missing the chosen time slot implies the impossibility to partecipate at the event
It won’t be possible the bib pick up by proxy.
The race bib must be worn on the chest or the stomach and must be permanently and fully visible throughout the entire race. It must, therefore, always be positioned over any clothing and cannot for any reason be fixed onto the back or a leg (this will allow to speed up the controls during the race). The name and logo of the sponsors must neither be modified, nor hidden.
ART 8. EQUIPMENT
The listed equipment represents the minimum necessary to run safely and that each trail-runner must adapt it according to their needs. Each runner, besides the mandatory equipment, should have, at all times during the race, at least this equipment
- Mobile phone, insert emergency numbers, keep the phone always on, do not mask the number, check to start with fully charged battery and enough call volume
- Personal drinking cup (at least 15cl).
- Survival blanket / heat-sheet
- Bottles or camel bag, with a water reserve of 1lt (at least)
- Solid food reserve (ex trail mix, energy bar, gel …)
- Waterproof jacket (like GoreTex) with hood
ART 09. START
The start of the event will be on:
Sunday 16 october 2022
VIBRAM® UTLO Trail Walk
- starting time: 09:30 am
Due to the ongoing sanitary emergency, in accordance with guidelines thet will be issued by the Italian Government in order to prevent the spreading of the Covid-19 pandemic, starting time could change due to availability and organizational needs.
Participants will be informed about any change.
Each participant, approaching the day of the race, must check his e-mail daily.
ART 10. PATH
The path is mostly on trails and dirty roads.
Participants must follow the event course without short cuts; the event course is marked with signs, red tape, red flags or orange paint . The move away from the official path will be at the sole risk and danger of the competitor.
ART 11. ENVIRONMENT
Participants must behave in a respectful environment, in particular by avoiding dispersing waste, picking flowers or harassing wildlife. Anyone, discovered to thrown waste along the path will be subject to the penalties provided for by the municipal regulations.
ART 12. METEO
The event will take place in all weather conditions. In the case of particular weather conditions (dense fog, snow or thunder storms), the organization reserves the right to make last-minute changes, even during the event, to the event path in order to eliminate potential hazards or conditions that could cause great hardship for the participants. Any changes will be communicated to the participants and reported to the staff.
ART 13. SAFETY, ASSURANCE, MEDICAL CARE
Throughout the course, will be positioned, at different points, first aid points. These points will be connected by phone or via radio with the race direction; On the course and in Omegna there will be ambulances, civil protection personnel and medical teams until the end of all the events.
Each participant hurt or in trouble, can call the rescue:
- going in person to a first aid or a refreshment point during the race
- calling the emergency numbers imprinted on the bib number
- asking another participant to alert the rescue
Each participant that sees people in difficulty must call the emergency number imprinted on the bib and ask for help.
Do not forget that the environmental conditions and the type of event can make you wait for rescue longer than expected. The participant’s safety will then depend on the material that he put in the backpack.
A participant who appeals to a doctor or a rescuer submits himself to his authority and undertakes to comply with his decisions.
All participants must stay on marked trail. The participant, who voluntarily moves away from marked trail, is no longer under the responsibility of the Organization.
The Organization underwrites a third party insurance for the duration of the event.
It is advised that every participant also take out their own insurance against injuries for the duration of the competition.
Participation is, in any case, under the full responsibility of the participant, who renounce all recourse against the organisation and the organisation team in case of damage, death and any consequences arising after the race.
ART 14. REFRESHMENT POINTS
There will be refreshment points in the event.
In the refreshment points will be available liquids, water and salts or solid food and liquids.
The number of refreshment points and their location, will be posted on this webpage:Trail Walk
ART 15. MAXIMUM TIME
The maximum time to finish the event is;
- VIBRAM® UTLO Trail Walk: 06 Hours
ART 16. MODIFICATIONS: TRACK AND TIMETABLE, EVENT CANCELLATION
The Organization reserves the right to modify at any time and without notice the path or positioning of the rescue and refreshment points.
In case of adverse weather conditions (heavy rains, high risk of thunderstorms, low visibility), without any possibility of complaint, departures can be postponed or canceled, the route may be changed, the time barriers may be changed or the event may be stopped at any point on the track.
The suspension or cancellation of the event will not entitle the participants to any refund of the registration fee.
ART 17. WITHDRAWALS
Except in case of force majeure, a participant must only abandon at a control/refreshment point. They must alert the head of the point, who will invalidate their bib number.
The rparticipant must keep his invalidated bib number.
The return is decided by the head of the control/refreshment point to the following rules:
- To be able to return to Omegna, participants who dropped out of the race at a withdrawal point can use the service of the organization.
- Participants who abandon at another rescue or refreshment point, but whose state of health does not need immediate evacuation must get back as quickly as possible and by their own means to the closest withdrawal point.
- In case of withdrawal before a control/refreshment point, the participant must go to the nearest control/refreshment point and communicate it to the point leader.
It’ s possibile that, for logistic/organizational needs, the injured or withdrawn participant could wait a while before their transfer to the finish line.
In case of the failure to communicate a withdrawal and the consequent start of the research, the costs, incurred for the search, will be charged to the participant.
ART 18. WAY MARKERS
To protect the environment, for the trail marking will be used only removable markers such as ribbons, arrows and ecological paint, that disappears within a few days. It is mandatory to use only the marked trails, no shortcuts.
WARNING: if you can not see, after 300 mt, any more markers, retrace your steps!
ART 19. MEALS
There will be a food service, reserved only for the participants, at the end of the competition that will be guaranteed until the last one. The cost is included in the registration fee.
In order to access to the food service the participants must bring and show to the staff their bib numbers.
The staff will be in charge of the access flow management.
ART 20. DECLARATION OF RESPONSIBILITY
The partipant is entirely responsible for his/her participation in the event.
By the fact of enrolling he/she releases the Organization from any liability resulting from his/her participation in the event and waives all claims, for damages or losses, against the Organisation, which may arise from the event, even if they result from negligence, and that may occur after the event.
The voluntary enrollment and subsequent participation in the event indicate the full acceptance of these rules and any changes made.
By registering online, in order to complete the registration, the participant subscribes a consent form that releases the organizers from all liability, whether civil or criminal, for damages to persons and / or property caused by him or his derivatives.
The participant commits itself to follow the rules of the Italian traffic law (Decreto Legislativo 30 aprile 1992, n.285) and its and subsequent modifications and integrations.
ART 21. IMAGE RIGHTS
- the participants authorize the organization to freely use, without territorial limits of time, still and moving images that portray them when participating in the event.
- Each participant waives the rights to own their image during the event, as well as waives all recourse against the organisation and its partners for the use of his/her image.